Sunday, March 02, 2008

Sunday in Hawaii

Caleb is ready to go on a short drive to look at some waterfalls before we head off to Church in Lihue.
This was a double waterfall... Wow look at Amy's curly hair!!!
This is as close as my zoon goes. I tried to get the flowers in the picture this time because I hear Grandma Gilbert really likes that color.
"this is my car!" Caleb wasn't too impressed with this waterfall.
But he sure was impressed with this one. It looked super steamy with all the mist and everything around the look out. It was pretty impressive!
"Hold me, I'm scared!" Sych! It's just cause I don't want to walk back to the car, Dad.
This is the chapel in Lihue. Caleb made it through about 5 minutes of sacrament after the speakers started. Oh well.
It looks like they had some kind of a school attached to the chapel, or something. A lot of the chapels out here looked like this one.
Waimeia Canyon... the Grand Canyon of the Islands.
"Whoa, Dad. Look at the rock I found!"
This is near the North shore by the NaPali coast.
Caleb was concerned because I'm scared of heights so he covered up my eyes for me.


There was a nice breeze here, so I lifted up the bottom of my shirt to let the air rush up (sure makes me look like I need the exercise, which I do) and Caleb was doing his best to copy me.
Next we drove up to the north west end of the island. This beach is the last point before the road ends and the steep mountains of the NaPali cost stretch east toward Princeville. Caleb was so excited to be back at the beach!
But this was on Sunday.
So Amy had to chase down a screaming child who was headed for the water and haul him out again.
You can't see his face, but he's not too happy in this picture.
Or this one.
But he was when I gave him the iPod so he could watch "Little Mermaid" on the way back to the hotel.
This is near Princeville (on the north shore of Kauia. It's a wilderness preserved down there somewhere. View looked cool.

2 comments:

mikensi said...

these are fun pictures! ^_^ i like that one of caleb covering curtis' eyes. lol! anyway- glad we won't have to entertain you while you're here, we'll leave that up to caleb. :) see you tomorrow :D

Ja said...

at least let us know where each of these pictures was taken!!!!

I’ll be in laie in june! yessssssss. did you go to jon's photo class thing too or was it just coincidence that you were there the same week?