Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hawaii 2008

"Well this is Hawaii! I don't rmemeber it looking like this!!!" Those were my first thoughts, but then I remember that on the leeward side of the islands it's alot dryer. But seriously, this just looks desolate.
 
Caleb loves Hawaii so far. He loves to go in "the big pool" and to throw rocks into the ocean. He's OK with the sand too, but he REALLY likes the water.
When I finally got his water socks on him all he wanted to do was find every rock he could pick up and throw it in the ocean. The rocks he couldn't throw would go to me as he pointed out to sea and said, "Water!! GO!"
Caleb had to go and sit in the life guard chair... double click on the photo and notice the warning underneath our seat. He didn't really care.
Caleb also loved the boogie board, but he's not so good at keeping his balance. He tips over pretty easy on it.
"Come on Dad, throw more rocks into the ocean!!! I will go get them for you, wait here."
What really sucked is that after dinner we went back to the beach right by our hotel... only it wasn't really a beach per se. More like a lot of boulders with gravel all around, but there was a reef a little ways out and a LOT of colorful fish. So I went out snorkeling and the waves were just pushing me all around as I made my way further out. I finally decided to come back in, but ended up getting out of the water where there was a large bed of rocks half covered in moss that appear when the tide goes down. I take off my snorkel and my fins and am walking back toward Amy and Caleb. I eventually get to them and hold Caleb's hand as we walk back to the beach, when my foot slides forward and slices the bottom pretty good on a rock or something that was on the moss. I looked at it right when it happened and didn't think anything of it... but man did it hurt later when we went to dinner and it throbbed all that night.
Cheeeese!
Caleb was so nice, he decided to take a nap with his Mama. They were out, while I went down to the lobby and worked for 3 hours.

We ate dinner at Outback Steakhouse tonight and Caleb loved my ribs.

Here we are outside our hotel at sunset... Caleb was running around like crazy with his Spider Man sandles we got him. His buzz sandles were so old and loose that when he'd walk on the rocks at the beach his toes would push down hard on the rocks. Now he just runs around saying, "Spida-Man, Spida-Man!!!"













Here we are traveling from the West side of the island to the east side. You can see in the back ground the huge difference between where Amy is standing and where we started off the trip. The climate seems the same on both sides, with the only exception being rainfall. Amy thinks she'd prefer to be on the West side and have virtually perfect days every day. I think I agree with her.

Here we are at Akaka falls. Caleb had a great time, but he didn't want to stop running on the path
Right after this picture he fell pretty hard and skinned his knees. He spent the next 3 days saying, "Oh, no! Ouch!" Then either he would kiss his knees, or he'd ask us to kiss them.

2 comments:

mike and jenn said...

Is Amy really asleep or does she know she is having her picture taken? Just curious.

mikensi said...

hey, i am wondering about that, too! she's TOTALLY smiling and ready for da pic.